Amazon is currently seeking Interns in Transportation and Supply chain functions.
INVITING STUDENTS FOR SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY IN AMAZON FOR CHANDIGARH, PUNJAB-LUDHIANA, AMRITSAR, JALANDHAR, PATIALA, HIMACHAL LOCATION
VENUE: Quest Group of Institutions
STIPEND: 9K PM
DATE: 17th May 2015 (Sunday).
Students to report by 9:45 AM
(Candidate will be absorbed by the organisation if perform well)
Amazon.com, Inc. is a US-based multinational electronic commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Jeff Bezos founded Amazon.com, Inc. in 1994 and launched it online in 1995. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, CDs, MP3 downloads, computer software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, and toys. Amazon has established separate websites in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, and China and started operations in India in 2013.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. Amazon has great opportunities to pursue a career as a leader in Operations Management.
Job Description: Amazon is currently seeking Interns in Transportation and Supply chain functions.
Duration of engagement: 2 months
What you will work on: In this role you will be responsible for supporting projects and network expansion in Supply Chain Management and Distribution space for optimizing performance and ensuring rapid growth in the delivery infrastructure throughout the network. We are doing something new and exciting for the first time in India, you will get a chance to work on that.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- quickly understand the business issues and challenges of Transportation operations; identify strengths/weaknesses and suggest areas for improvement.
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions and prepare functional specifications.
- Be data driven, develop and report performance metrics.
- Deep dive and acquire an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices and apply when solving business problems.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Direct accountability for setting and meeting operational goals, strategic planning and forecasting.
- Leading process improvements
Who we are looking for
- Candidates with enormous energy, motivation and commitment. It is hard work, we need people who can bend their backs and go that extra mile.
- Strong execution skills, Action oriented, Go getter. Prior leadership and team work experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of local area, languages, ethos of the city you are from is an added advantage.
- Resourceful to identify the way to get things done using limited resources.
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations and to come out with solutions as per the situations faced.
- Pre-Final / Final year of Under-graduation / Post Graduation.
- Courses: B.Com, BBA, BBM, MBA.
Interested candidates can fill in Placement Registration form.
Stipend will be 9k during internship as conveyed by Amazon and the students who perform well in internship will be absorbed by the organisation.